8 Things To Do On A Vigan Weekend


They say love is sweeter the second time around. And I think it’s true. For the second time this year, I went for a vacation in Vigan. We stayed there for a couple of days to celebrate the boyfriend’s birthday with his grandparents. It was a quick break from work. Something we always wanted to do after spending too much time at work, in his case of course, because I am still unemployed ‘til now. Anyway, since I got to explore Vigan for the weekends, I’ll be sharing some, I mean 8 Things To Do in Vigan. I am no expert, not a “pro” blogger either, so please don’t judge me. 


KALESA
Best way to roam around Vigan is by riding the “kalesa”. I am guessing that each horse has their name, and our’s was “Dyosa”. The Manong “Kutsero” will also address some historic facts on different tourist spot in Vigan. We hired one kalesa for Php200.00 for an hour ride. We went to Bantay Church and roam around Vigan Plaza, Calle Crisologo and finally he dropped us to Café Uno. Some “kutsero” offers ride to Baluarte, Hidden Garden, Pagburnayan (Pot Making place) and Padre Burgos’ House.


PAGBURNAYAN (Pot Making)
I never missed this once in a lifetime chance of making my own pot. Even if I really don’t have any idea of how it’s supposed to be. We are lucky that it’s just the boyfriend and I who were at the place among with the employees so we got all the time to play around with the pot-making machine. We planned to name our pot but they told us that it will be claimed after 2 weeks, so we just let go of our masterpiece. I swear I enjoy sitting in that machine! You must try it too!


SYQUIA MANSION
A mansion located at Calle Quirino where our former President Elpidio Quirino once lived. It was an ancestral home of his wife’s family. I can say it’s not really attractive on the outside, but you have to see the beauty inside. You have to pay Php 30.00 for entrance.

VIGAN LONGGANISA
Of course! You can’t leave Vigan without tasting their famous Longganisa. It is well served alongside fried rice and sunny side up egg! I’m sure you’ll find yourself taking something for home. And the best Longganisa store I can recommend was the one in Calle Crisologo. Tongson’s! Located right beside Café Leona. They sell it per dozen or per kilo. They have small and big ones. They also sell Bagnet! Drop by before you leave Vigan!


VIGAN EMPANADA
Of course, you don’t wanna miss this local delicacy. Located at the old Plaza Salcedo, right beside the Vigan Cathedral. The famous “Empanadaan” place in town is where different styles of Vigan Empanada is being sold. The famous ones are the Helen’s, Evelyn’s and Tina’s (store’s name). We regularly choose the Tina’s! They serve crispy empanada on the outside, with huge eggs on the inside and the blend of the Vigan longganisa plus the vegetables is just perfect! It’s weird but I don’t dip in on any sauce. I usually eat it with soda drinks beside me! Haha. The boyfriend eats Empanada with Okoy on the side.





CALLE CRISOLOGO
Take a walk and go back to memory lane in this old and historic street in Vigan. I’ve been there in the morning, in the afternoon and at night. So I suggest you do that too. In a place like this there is no really perfect time to go because the place itself is perfect. But, you get to feel the ambience if you walk early in the morning since there is only few people around. Same thing when you walk at night, you get to enjoy the lights and the ambience feels more dreamlike. Well, it’s more picture perfect during night time.



FOUNTAIN SHOW
I get to watch it last January when I first came to Vigan, unfortunately this month we weren’t able to watch it. We really have a short stay so we made sure we go home during dinner to eat with the family. The Fountain Show is held at huge park in the new Plaza Salcedo, just between the Vigan Cathedral and the Capitol building. I think the schedule is 730PM during Weekdays and 730PM & 830PM during Weekends. It is a 10 minutes fountain exhibition synchronized with local and foreign songs. It’s perfect to end the night after a long and tiring day of exploring the whole city of Vigan. Check out this video I have – Vigan Fountain Show 2014.




CAFÉ UNO
One of my favorite, well honestly… the only place I’d like to eat when I’m in Vigan. I really love their Quesadillas (Beef or Cheese) plus their Cookies n Cream Frappe. Just heavenly. Boyfriend’s favorite was their Sansrival. It was actually one of the reason why we went back to Vigan. He wanted to have that Sansrival as his Birthday cake. Well, he deserve it so after we ate a slice, we had to take out another one. We were lucky to own the place that night. Haha. So we had some photo ops to give you the look of the whole place. The service crews are also very friendly and accommodating. The prices are affordable and food is worth the money you spent. I suggest you go here for a dinner date.


Comments

Popular Posts