Why blogging?


Ever since I was a child, I am really into slum book and diary. I guess every little girl had been able to write their thought in a colourful cartoon character notebook well known as a DIARY. I used to own one back when I was elementary until I was in high school. I stopped because I became busy with school and friends. During my college years, I have made a number of posts in sites like Tumblr and Facebook. And that’s  the time that I get interested in the so called “blog” or the online diary. I said to myself, “Why not try it?” So I made an account on blogger, I make sure no one knows it, cause I want to just keep it personal because I am not sure what to put on it and not so proud of my thoughts and fluency in English, in short I’m afraid of criticism. I have low self-esteem. That is also the reason why I keep my feelings inside me or let it out through writing. It is when I am in my lowest point that I get to make a blog post. That was before. Now, it’s different. It is when I am in extreme emotions that I get to make a blog post.
When I am happy, I blog. When I am sad, I blog. When I learn new things, I blog. Blogging makes me feel secure. Blogging makes me gain my self esteem. Blogging makes me feel that I am not alone in the world when I am in my toughest times. And blogging makes me happier when I am able to share my happiness through writing.

I doubted myself, that I can’t make a blog, that others will not appreciate what I write. But hey, that is reality right? Rather than thinking of it as my weakness, I think of it as a challenge. I don’t know if I am good at writing or expressing my feelings and thoughts through words. I know I can be a competent blogger someday and I will not be able to achieve that if I will let myself lose against my low self esteem. I think I have the courage now and enough tools to pursue my passion in blogging.

Now, I want my blog not just to be an outlet of my feelings, but rather to be informative. 

With love, DYS. 

Comments

Popular Posts