First Shakey's V League

I am no Basketball fan as much as I am a volleyball fan. I am not into sports also and I am neither athletic or sporty. But since I just witnessed history last night on Philippine National TV and it's trending everywhere, might as well say my Congratulations to the San Mig Coffee Mixers for winning a 4peat Championship and a Grandslam award. It was a victory lead by the King James of the Philippines James Yap. But oh, disappointing every basketball fan reading, this post isn't about it. Sorry.
Photo Credits to the owner.
I am girl so don't expect me to like basketball as much as boys do. My heart beats for volleyball. Ever since highschool, I already watched some volleyball games on TV so I know some of the veterans in volleyball as well as how they play. And because this is my first time to watch Shakey's V League live, I am sharing my experience to you guys! 

We usually get our stocks in Manila during weekends. It is usually the boyfriend who get it in the suppliers and go home in Cavite to deliver it to me. I do all the advertising, accounting, deliveries, shipping myself so please don't judge. Hahaha! But really, I am a bit lazy to go in Manila due to travel time which last around 2-3hrs and the weather, its so hot in the metro. Last sunday was unusual, I decided to go in Manila. Fetch the boyfriend at church because his feet was inflamed due to hyperuricemia. Went to get stocks in our suppliers and explore Manila!
We are sched to watched Shakey's V League that day! 

If you know me well, you know how much I am naive in Manila. I was born, I live and study in Cavite all my life. We go to certain places in Manila using a private car, so I am very enthusiasts to experience public transportation in the Metro as well as get familiarize with the place. 
LRT where you can sit or even dance inside.
Commuters wish this happens in Manila everyday.
How lucky was I? 

An empty LRT Station.
 I swear, its just me and the boyfriend, the guard,
the ticket booth employee at the station that very moment.
Looking at the photo makes me think I didn't took this in PH. But I did! 


I rode the LRT1, LRT2, MRT3, all in one day! Imagine that! Hahaha! I am so lucky to experience Manila public transportation with a bonus : NO TRAFFIC HASSLE! It was a sunday and I am wishing I can live in Manila every sunday! 

We went straight to Trinoma for lunch and the boyfriend treat me to Tacobell.
I swear I was full but he insisted we get an Ice Cream fix at Dairy Queen.
I can't say No! That's how we pig out together. 

We went to San Juan after. The tricycle driver took us to the wrong gym because we said San Juan Gym so we rode a taxi and ask the driver to drop us at Flying V San Juan Arena. Make sure you tell the driver the right name of the gym because they get confuse between the two.


We arrived around 1230pm on the area. Unfortunately, courtside tickets are already sold out so we settled for the lower box. I am a bit disappointed but at least we get to have a nice view on our seat. The girls are still warming up at the court when we arrived. We are too early for the 2pm game but the seats are almost occupied that time. While waiting, I decided to go to the comfort room and fortunately, Amy Ahomiro passed by in front of me. 

I am lucky to get a snapshot of her. A bit sad to find out she isn't that approachable. I heard a girl calling her name twice or thrice but he didnt even give her a glance. Sue Roces, who is also my favorite since her UE days, also passed by but I was too shy to ask for a photo op so I am regreting it today. I wish I took the chance! Argh!
Ella De Jesus and Rubi De Leon also passed by but I also don't have a photo of them. Thats sad, I know.

First game was Philippine Air Force vs Philippine Army. I am betting for the ARMY because I know most of their players. The Army crowd's favorite, Rachelle Ann Daquis (also the boyfriend's favorite) and the Air Force Darling Iari Yongco was the center of attention. But to me, who has been watching volleyball since highschool, my eyes sticks to the veterans. Tina Salak is my favorite setter! Mary Jane Balse and Michelle Carolino are my favorite spikers ever since their UST days! Not to mention Nene Bautista who is also one heck of a volleyball player! And my most favorite, Jovie Gonzaga who is not just a pretty face but also an excellent spiker! I really admire how these veterans play on the court and more amused to see it live! I get a chance to take a picture with some of the players and here are some :
With Nene Bautista. 

With Tin Agno.

With Mary Jane Balse
Second game is PLDT vs Ateneo. I admit I ask the boyfriend to watch the game because I want to see the Ateneo Lady Eagles play. Unfortunately they lost against the veteran team PLDT which is lead by my favorite Sue Roces!


Watching Alyssa Valdez and Denden Lazaro play live was awesome. The team was crowds favorite so imagine the cheering inside the arena. It was intense. Especially when Valdez is doing her service chores! 


Once again, I don't have a picture with them because it will be too late if we will wait for them to get out of the dug out. I still need to go home in Cavite.

Nevertheless, it was another awesome first time and one for the books experience. UAAP - check! PSL - check! SVL - check! What's next? How about a picture with MIKA REYES?? I swear, it is one of my bucketlist. :) Now that a new season of UAAP is opening, I am really excited for the Women's Volleyball Division. I heard scout reviews about the rookies coming up and I've seen some. De Leon and Madayag of Ateneo  has their height as an advantage. EstraƱero of UP is a Pia Gaiser in the making. I can see a lot of potential in her. I am amused to see Katherine Bersola of UP play in SVL. She improved a lot and I am keeping an eye on her this season. Valdez, Morente and Ahomiro is a tough tandem for the Ateneo. But oooppsss, we have yet to see the DLSU LADY SPIKERS, my alma mater and my all time favorite. With Ara Galang as their Team Captain this season, I know these girls have a lot of surprises in store for us! Let's see who will reign this season!
Are you excited as I am? Fast forward to November please!! 


Comments

Popular Posts