You know you're a Nurse if...

Making a post on my sleeping off. It's very rare that I get to post during may day off and about my profession. I love being a Nurse. Though we don't get too much attention on a health care team, I still believe that Nurses are very much important. We are the heart of the hospital. Doctor's Order will not be done without Nurses. So here am I sharing some funny stuffs about being a Nurse..

Disclaimer : I am no senior nurse, I still consider myself a Novice one who is eager to learn more.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE A NURSE IF..
  • You know the phone numbers of every late night food delivery place in town by heart.
Fast Food is your first and last resort to call during night shifts, toxic morning duty or after a long day of work. It's the easiest way to satisfy your cravings after a tiring shift.

  • Every time you walk, you make a rattling noise because of all the scissors and clamps in your pockets. 
HAHAHA Kindly include the micropore, torniquet, syringe, gloves and your trodat. I wonder how I was able to put this inside my pocket?

  • You carry “spare” medications in your pocket rather than wait for pharmacy to deliver. 
Excess Medications to the rescue when the Pharmacists are taking too long to dispense all my 'to start medications' as well as the STAT/PRN ones.

  • You check the caller ID when the phone rings on your day off to see if someone from the hospital is trying to call to ask you to work. 
It's either of the two (1) On Call Duty or (2) You did something wrong. HAHAHA

  • Your bladder can expand to the same size as a water tank.
You've been busy monitoring your patients urine output that you forgot yours.

  • You find yourself checking out other people's arm veins in waiting lines.
Because you are so eager to insert that IV catheter. Kinda addicting. :)

  • You avoid unhealthy looking shoppers in the mall for fear that they’ll drop near you and you’ll have to do CPR on your day off. 
HAHAHA Lalo na pag nakauniform ka! #Guilty

Short post just to kill boredom. I'm just on bed the whole day cause I came from a night shift, but I'm still glad that my brain cells are still working that I am able to make this post. 





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts